ISSNAF - Italian Scientists and Scholars in North America Foundation yearly awards the ISSNAF Award for Young Investigators, the Paola Campese Award for Research on Leukemias and, since 2013, the Franco Strazzabosco Award for Young Engineers.
The purpose of the ISSNAF Board of Trustees is to acknowledge the research of young Italian investigators working in North America, whose commitment to their discipline of study is innovative, potentially impactful and honors their country of origin.
ISSNAF encourages all Italian researchers born after April 1973 and currently primarily working in the United States or Canada to submit an abstract of their research.
The ISSNAF Young Investigator Award will award a $5,000 prize to the most innovative research in one of the following areas:
- Cognitive and Behavioural Neurosciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Physics, Astrophysics, Chemistry and Mathematics
The Paola Campese Award for Research on Leukemias will award a $5,000 prize to the most innovative research in the field of Leukemias.
The Franco Strazzabosco Award for Young Engineers will award a $5,000 prize to the most innovative research in any field of Engineering.
The three winners will receive a Medaglia di Rappresentanza del Presidente della Repubblica. A Review Board composed of senior ISSNAF members will select amongst all submitted applications a number of research summaries to be presented during the 2013 ISSNAF Annual Event on October 29th, 2013 at the Italian Embassy in Washington, DC. Finalists will present their research in oral sessions or posters and their presentations will be published on the ISSNAF web site.
Amongst the finalists, an ISSNAF Jury will select the winners. Awards will be presentaed during a formal ceremony at the end of the meeting. The decisions of the Review Board and of the Jury are final.
- Eligibility: all Italian researchers born after April 1973 and currently primarily working in the United States or Canada
- Applications must be completed online at www.issnaf.org/awards.html
- Applicants will be required to fill in an application form and upload a research abstract (max 400 words + 1 image)
- Applications that are not complete will not be considered
- All applications must be submitted by April 21, 2013 (23:59 PST)
- The Review Board will select finalists by June 21, 2013
For more information about ISSNAF and the awards go to www.issnaf.org